- Some time ago, I finished (the PC port of) Ys: The Oath in Felghana. A fun action adventure. I’ve written a review on that today — I didn’t get around it sooner. It’s good fun, but there are some problems with that game.
- Ys Origin, on the other hand, offers the same kind of gameplay but is much better. Story and dungeons are better intertwined, and the story itself is much more interesting. And it offers three playable characters, each with their own playstyle, and their own view on the story. I still need to do a playthrough with the third character, and then I’ll write a review of that too.
- I got Dark Souls 3 in a sale some time ago, and I have been playing it for a bit. But while I love Dark Souls 2, I’m not such a fan of DS3. DS2 could be easily navigated by being careful and shrewd, and that does carry over to DS3 in some areas. But in other areas, you encounter enemies that can kill you in two hits, and that’s just not that fun. How can you get better if you don’t have time to learn the patterns and rythms of the enemies? I’m feeling a bit ‘meh’ about it, but if anyone wants to join up for jolly coop, then do hit me up!
- I’ve also restarted a campaign of Darkest Dungeon. I’ve tried to play it when it claimed to have controller support, but that just didn’t work well enough. Now that I can game at my desk, with a mouse/keyboard combination at my disposal, it’s much better. I really like the writing and voice acting: it reinforces the themes and mood of the game really well. For instance, after an ‘easy’ victory, the narrator sometimes tells you: “Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer!” So cool.
I haven’t been posting here that much — partly because I don’t have much to say. But I haven’t been off the internet, of…
A power interruption. We had gotten a letter from the company that manages the power lines that they’d be working on the infrastructure on…
1) What act of kindness have you witnessed (or done yourself) recently? I was happy to point out to others that the Croatian Red Cross has a…