One of the projects I had in store for myself these days was a (set of) triangular books. I saw those in a store in Japan, and I was intrigued. Of course, there's no work description for making triangular books, so I had to re-invent the way to make them work by myself. And, even if I say so myself, I think I have a good recipe for making them now. Needs a little tweaking here and there, but we'll get there.
But you can't put a triangular book in your bookcase. Well, you can, but then you won't see the spine. So I thought I'd do a rectangular box to hold the book -- but that would have to support the book, because otherwise all the weight would rest on the lower end of the spine. Over time, that critical point would break or deform because of the weight, so a support would have to be made.
I was well on my way to finish that box when I decided it wasn't going to work like that. I gave up and made a note to discuss it with klik, she usually has good ideas.
And then, at 17:30, I had a flash of inspiration. So after dinner I started on the new box, working frantically to finish it tonight. But I had to make some adjustments, and time ran out. So: no finished triangular book-box. I will finish it this weekend, though. And there was another project that I had to finish, and that went off without a hitch. (Of course, photos will follow.)
But now, I have to clean up the house and myself to be presentable tomorrow and let everyone think that I've led a wholesome, productive life during this week. ;)