Which meant I had to re-record the movie and start again from square one. I did find out that VirtualDubMod had no problems with the audio -- so I'll use that to demux. All in all, it's costing me a lot of time, but when I have an algorithm that works, things will undoubtedly speed up. And with the hyperthreaded gigahertzes at my command, re-encoding doesn't take too long.
Yesterday, I went to work by bicycle. When I wanted to return home, I thought I had lost the key of the lock of my bicycle. I did find a set of keys -- klik had dropped the key of the cable-lock in the pockets of my pants when I helped her repair a puncture in her tire -- but the bicycle-key in that set didn't seem like my bicycle-key. I assumed it was the key of my old bike, but I tried it anyway. I could insert it into the lock, but could not turn the key. I didn't want to force it, because it might break off, and that's always hell to deal with.
I looked around at my desk and asked the reception desk whether someone had found a key, but no-one had. So I called klik and she picked me up with the car.
She told me she had attached the key to the cable-lock on my bicycle-key -- which would mean that I did have the key all along, I just didn't recognise it! (It also means that I was completely lost in thought when I actually locked by bike that morning, but that's not that unusual for me.)
This morning, I went to work by car, and I would take the bike with me on the way back. And it turned out that klik had been right: I had that key on me all along! Now I feel... not quite smart.