I made the cover out of a scrap piece of a really attractive French marbled paper in a greenish tint.
...while using a brown marbled paper as the end paper (which we got out of the bargain bin at Damen). klik was not too fond of the combination, but I like it a lot. YMMV.
Trying to get both papers in the same shot, and failing.
The book has almost 100 pages, A6 format.
One of the signatures got stitched to the rest of the bookblock too loosely. Because I had also pasted a bit of endpaper over the spine on the inside, you don't see the 'naked' board anyway. That was a tip from klik, which worked out quite nicely.
When the spine is closed, the cover looks quite nice. But if you fold it open, you get unattractive creases next to the spine. I'm not sure what causes that.
All in all, I'm pretty pleased. I'm already thinking of some variations that I want to try out.