Reply to this meme by yelling "Words!" and I will give you five words that remind me of you. Then post them in your LJ and explain what they mean to you. My words given to my by greybeta:
1. Stamps: My current creative obsession. I've been working on my fine motor skills and cutting techniques, and I can produce stamps with pretty fine detail if I put my mind to it. It's fun to do make something (a stamp) that can be used to make something else (a card, for instance). Having to concentrate on cutting the stamp clears my mind.
2. Circuits: My previous creative obsession. It was/is a way that I could create physical things -- up to that point, all my creations have been stories, text on paper. I could use my skills of logical deduction and programming to make something that did something. I guess my current love for making stamps has the same drivers behind it.
3. Dutch: I'm Dutch. There are many things about the Dutch (both people and the language) that irritate me, but I can't be not-Dutch.
4. Anime: Anyone who reads my LJ knows that we watch an ungodly amount of anime. I've told the story of how I got so into it elsewhere.
5. Management: I'm now in a position that I can tackle the things that, as an employee, I thought needed someone's attention. So far, I'm pretty pleased with what I have achieved -- but there is a surprisingly large number of issues that need my attention that I haven't been as effective as I had wanted to. I'm still catching up with what needed to be done. Once that's out of the way, I want to take a few steps ahead.
I'm having a good time, my boss is pleased and my people are happy they have someone to complain to -- everyone wins. ;)