1. When I get stuck at a certain problem, it helps if I don't think about it too much. Later on, when I am half-asleep or cycling or doing something that doesn't require much sentient force, I suddenly come up with the solution.
2. I started programming BASIC on a P2000C. Later on I graduated to the MZ731.
3. Even though we have a bath in our bathroom, I only used it once this past year. klik makes up for my lack of usage, though.
4. I did my first paid programming job when I was 17. I made an administrative system in Prolog. When I confessed this the first evening of my university introductions weeks (for Computer Science), my fellow newbies didn't know what Prolog was, and my mentors howled with laughter.
5. I have supported myself since I was 19. Other than the mortgage, I don't have any debt.
6. I am lucky to have the right type of mind to acquire a skill that is in demand. It has made my life much more easy.
I know I'm supposed to tag other people to do this, but I won't. I'm a rebel that way.