2)I will respond by asking you five questions.
3)You will update your LJ with the answers.
4)You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the post.
5)When others ask to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
1. Was Amuro Ray really the best Gundam pilot ever?
I wouldn't know. All I have ever seen of Gundam is five episodes of Gundam Wing, and that was enough for me. I find that I can't get into any Gundam anime, because I don't have the background -- and I would have to do too much catching-up to get up to speed.
2. Which is better, the Robotech universe or the Japanese Macross universe?
The Macross universe, hands down. Macek made protoculture an energy source -- while in Macross it is the precursor culture that seeded human life and created the Zentraedi and Meltrandi as their servants. That makes all the difference! Powerful imagery such as that seen in 'Do You Remember Love' is impossible in the Robotech universe.
That being said, it was Robotech that got me into anime, so it can't be all bad -- it's just that Macross is better.
3. If your life was an anime, what kind of anime would it be?
A tragic comedy, such as Honey and Clover (bursts of creativity interject insecurity and drudgery) or perhaps even Dai-Guard (the wage-slave who becomes a loose cannon under the right circumstances).
4. What's the most annoying habit or trait that Americans usually possess?
Most of my interaction with Americans is through text (on the internet). Sometimes I am amazed and annoyed at what poor command Americans have of their native language.
5. What are the five most important events in Dutch history?
In chronological order:
- The independence from Spain;
- The establishment of the Verenigde Oost-Indische Compagnie;
- The second world war and the occupation by the nazis;
- The flooding in 1953;
- The closing of the Zuiderzee (when it turned into the IJsselmeer).